MSCE is funded and supported largely by Luke Medical Christian Missions, with some connections with other similar evangelical Christian organizations. Whether we are health professionals, scientists, educators, or students; and whether we are at our “normal” jobs or at the MSCE camp, we strive to use our God-given cultures, professions, and relationships for God’s purposes of advancing the Christian gospel. We list these main tenets of Christian belief to unify the team of TAs and faculty as we serve at the MSCE camp.
- WE BELIEVE in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, was born of the Virgin Mary, was true God and true man, existing in one person and was without sin. We believe in His representative and substitutionary sacrifice, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the Heavenly Father, His present life as Lord of all, High Priest, and Advocate, and His imminent personal return in power and glory.
- WE BELIEVE that the Holy Spirit indwells and gives life to believers, enables them to understand and apply the Scriptures, empowers them for godly living, and equips them for service and witness.
- WE BELIEVE that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God, without error in the original documents, fully trustworthy, and the final authority in all matters of faith and life in Christ Jesus.
- WE BELIEVE that each member of the human race is fallen, sinful and lost, that the shed blood and the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ provides the only ground for forgiveness of sins and justification to all who receive Him by faith, and that only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can they become children of God.
- WE BELIEVE that the one, holy universal Church is the body of Christ, composed of all regenerate people. This redeemed community worships God and seeks to proclaim the Good News to all people.
- WE BELIEVE in the imminent return of Jesus Christ, in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
(from World Gospel Outreach)